Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just a quick update.

Tad tipped me off about this website, where apparently lots of people gather to talk about video series, like Marble Hornets, which I used to watch before all of this started happening. It's called Unfiction.

I lurk there from time to time, and I discovered something: there's a thread about this blog. Nothing special yet, just a few people commenting about it, but there are two things I'm noticing about the place.

First of all, you treat these all like they're games. I can't speak for the people in the Marble Hornets and EverymanHYBRID videos, but if they're going through anything like what I'm going through, I can't help but think sometimes that it's disrespectful to treat it as though it's a game. It's not a game for me. I spent days and weeks drinking and hiding in the woods. It happens, I know people who do it because they don't have any other choices.

Second, there's a post there by a guy named UberTaco, who said something about my politics. Won't go into exactly what he said here, if you want to know, look it up. Basically, my response is this: I'm sorry if I offended you. I have my political beliefs, which include a heavily Democratic slant, yes. And you have yours, which appear to run the opposite direction. And that's okay. I'm not trying to convince you of anything here, and in the beginning, I was just ranting and raving about things that were annoying me in a stressful election season. And drinking. Lots and lots of drinking. Looking back on it, I don't specifically recall posting a lot of the things I did during November, so there's a better-than-average chance I was at least a little intoxicated.

And yeah, I remember talking about maybe bringing back the politics, but after that past few days? I've got bigger fish to fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment