Friday, August 12, 2011

Awakening.

It's like I only have a few minutes at a time to be here, and most of the time I'm not actually "here" in so many words, I'm, well... I feel like an echo on the surface of the deep.

But this time, I'm here. I know I am. I'm sitting in front of Jackson's laptop right now, typing this in. I have been for hours. This place...this place is deserted. He's gone, his roommate and her child are gone, and it looks like it's been this way for weeks. The kitchen is caked with dust, the fridge has only a little bit of food in it, and it's long since spoiled. Though, I suppose that doesn't matter to me. I haven't eaten in months. Haven't wanted or needed to.

And yet the laptop is on. Looks like it's been used recently, but that doesn't make sense. Nothing makes sense anymore. I don't understand what's going on here. If Jackson or his roommate don't come back by the morning, and if I'm still here to take action, I'll call the landlord and find out what's going on.

This is too much, even for me.

10 comments:

  1. Wait, Nick, you aren't the bandaged man, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm not Theseus. I'm fairly certain I know who Theseus is, but I'm not 100% sure yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...So, Nick can see this "Theseus," too. Wonderful.

    Why is it that everyone but me can see this person?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...I don't think you can see him, Tad, because your mind can't process his existence properly, if that makes any sense.

    To you, he just cannot *be*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah. Wonderful. I mean, is it possible for my life to get any more fucked up right now?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, very much yes. Don't wish for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm fairly certain I shouldn't ask how it could be worse, should I?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That'd definitely be on the list of "good ideas" at this point, yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I'm sure that's wonderful advice, Nick, but at this point, I need to figure out what's going on, and I need to find my sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't tell you any more for a while. It's like...it's like being here mutes my sight.

    ReplyDelete